WHV Golf Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHV Golf Society

WHV Golf Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The President's Classic - Saturday 5th July 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The President

The President's Classic - Saturday 5th July 2008 Empty
PostSubject: The President's Classic - Saturday 5th July 2008   The President's Classic - Saturday 5th July 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:43 am

The President's Classic - Saturday 5th July 2008 - Itinerary

7.45 (Early frickin doors) : Arrive at the Warwickshire for Bacon sandwiches & Coffee - Team allocation / selection

8.30 : "The morning 18" (Kings Course - the 07 afternoon round) - A "Mutliball Scramble" (The "Mutliball Scramble" - The Teams will be split into pairs and will play against another pair from the opposing Team. Each player tees off on each hole, the best of the tee shots from each pair is selected by each relevant pair and the team players play their second shots from that spot. The best of the second shots is determined, then they play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed.)

Key points to note - This year the morning session is 18 holes, not 9 and each pair will be allocated a suitable handicap, based on the combined handicaps of the pairing. Also if my understanding of Rule 4.4 of the R&A Rules of Golf is correct then the sharing of clubs during the morning 18 is fully allowable, if my knowledge if this rule is incorrect, then as the Competition Sponsor, I shall be invoking WHVGS rule R3, for the morning session (As per: http://www.whvgolf.co.uk/almanac.html)

1.00 - 2.00 : Lunch (The Lunch options will be put to the vote at the Brizzle)

2.10 : (Earls Course) The combined individual WHVRPs (Major) and Singles event for the Ryder cup event (Full Stapleforth)

6.30(ish) : 19th hole and prize giving

8.30(ish) to late frickin doors : The Horse, for booze, discussion and lively debate about the quality of the 2008 PC.

Other details - The 2008 PC includes : 36 holes of championship golf, buggies for the whole day (which we will need!), breakfast and lunch and is very reasonably priced at 60 English pounds (which I hope isn't to expensive - I did do a straw pole and the 100% consensus of the Members I asked was that for 36 holes of championship golf, buggies for the whole day, breakfast and lunch it was a really good deal so I went for it)
Back to top Go down

The President's Classic - Saturday 5th July 2008
Page 1 of 1